Money Saving Tips to Conserve Water in Your Home
Looking for new ways to save a little money? Read about some money saving water tips most people overlook.
- Stop Wasting Money Down The Drain! Replace an old inefficient faucet with a new one. A leaky faucet can waste gallons of water everyday!
- Update your toilet. Did you know newer toilet models-mid 90’s or newer-use less water per flush than old out-dated ones?
- Change over to low-flow/water efficient shower-heads. They still provides the same great water pressure but cuts done on the gallons of water used each time.
- Only run your washing machine when you have a full load.
- Only run your dishwasher when you have a full load.
- Make sure your lawn sprinklers water your grass and not the driveway or sidewalk.
- Observe your water meter at home. This can help pin-point high usage periods as well as check for any “hidden” leaks.
- Fix leaky outside faucets.
- Clean shower-heads to remove mineral deposits.
- Don’t leave the water running while brushing your teeth (Parents you tell your kids this but face it, adults are just as guilty of this one! Simply turning off the water while brushing can save 3-5 gallons each time…depending on how good of a brusher your are.)
- Keep your water heater set at 120°F or below.
- Turn your water off before leaving for vacation or a long weekend (coming home to find an unexpected flood does not make a good end to your vacation-unfortunately!)
Call Seaway Plumbing to Fix Plumbing and Help Conserve Water
By using just a few of these simple water saving tips will cut down tremendously on your everyday water usage and decrease your water bill too!